Giving to MCC
The Foundation for Manatee Community College Inc.
Making a Great College Even Better
More than ever before, private giving to Manatee Community College is making a positive impact. Gifts from individuals and businesses alike honor MCC's distinct heritage while securing the College's future as a premier academic community.
The Foundation for Manatee Community College serves as the fund-raising arm of the College and provides a vehicle through which friends may support the College. The Foundation supports the College by raising funds for scholarships and program development.
For more than 20 years, the Foundation has provided a bridge of opportunity for students who, without this assistance, otherwise may not be able to afford a college education. Matching dollars from the state of Florida have added significantly to the scholarship program.
The Foundation oversees more than 390 scholarship funds and maintains assets of $38 million. Each scholarship awarded contributes to the quality of life for all by providing a stronger workforce for the community.
The Foundation provides:
- deserving students with an equal opportunity to earn a college education through scholarships;
- instructional equipment and library resources;
- rewards for and encouragement of exemplary curricular and teaching performance by the faculty.
The Foundation for Manatee Community College, in its long-range goals, seeks to:
Information on opportunities to participate in any of the Foundation's programs is available online at: mccfoundation.net.
- Provide significant supplemental discretionary financial support through designated endowments to enable the College to maintain its margin of academic excellence and commitment to the community;
- Support student recruitment and retention by funding need-based and scholastic scholarships;
- Provide stipends for faculty and staff professional growth and development;
- Support print and other acquisitions for the campus libraries to build special collections and enhance the diversity, depth and breadth of the library holdings;
- Supplement funds for campus beautification and enhancement;
- Increase the acquisition of instructional equipment as well as academic computing hardware, software and peripherals; and
- Support the academic enhancement of teaching and learning through academic advancement funds providing the faculty with discretionary supplemental funding for their departmental and program budgets.