Giving to MCC
The Foundation for Manatee Community College Inc.
Making a Great College Even Better
More than ever before, private giving to Manatee Community College is making a positive impact. Gifts from individuals and businesses alike honor MCC's distinct heritage while securing the College's future as a premier academic community.
The Foundation for Manatee Community College serves as the fund-raising arm of the College and provides a vehicle through which friends may support the College. The Foundation supports the College by raising funds for scholarships and program development.
For more than 20 years, the Foundation has provided a bridge of opportunity for students who, without this assistance, otherwise may not be able to afford a college education. Matching dollars from the state of Florida have added significantly to the scholarship program.
The Foundation oversees more than 390 scholarship funds and maintains assets of $38 million. Each scholarship awarded contributes to the quality of life for all by providing a stronger workforce for the community.
The Foundation provides:
- deserving students with an equal opportunity to earn a college education through scholarships;
- instructional equipment and library resources;
- rewards for and encouragement of exemplary curricular and teaching performance by the faculty.
The Foundation for Manatee Community College, in its long-range goals, seeks to:
Information on opportunities to participate in any of the Foundation's programs is available online at: mccfoundation.net.
- Provide significant supplemental discretionary financial support through designated endowments to enable the College to maintain its margin of academic excellence and commitment to the community;
- Support student recruitment and retention by funding need-based and scholastic scholarships;
- Provide stipends for faculty and staff professional growth and development;
- Support print and other acquisitions for the campus libraries to build special collections and enhance the diversity, depth and breadth of the library holdings;
- Supplement funds for campus beautification and enhancement;
- Increase the acquisition of instructional equipment as well as academic computing hardware, software and peripherals; and
- Support the academic enhancement of teaching and learning through academic advancement funds providing the faculty with discretionary supplemental funding for their departmental and program budgets.
In 1985, the college's name changed to Manatee Community College.