- The Brain Bowl Fire Team won national and state championships and defeated prestigious universities.
Two students were named FCSAA All-Tournament players and the team coach won Coach
of the Year.
- Eight finalists selected for the Spring 2015 Outstanding Graduate Award.
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) team members qualified to compete in the 2015 FBLA-PBL National Leadership
Conference. One member was inducted into the FBLA-PBL Who’s Who. Two students won
first and second place at the state conference.
- Model UN won Outstanding Delegation award and Best Position Paper at Southern Regional Model
UN Conference. Two students won Outstanding Delegate awards.
- Four students named to the 2015 All-Florida Academic Team.
- Phi Theta Kappa inducted nearly 350 students in the 2014-15 academic year.
- Math Olympics team placed fourth at a state competition. A student and faculty member
won Best Presentation awards at a conference. Two students placed second and fourth
at the Central Florida Undergraduate Mathematics Conference for two- and four-year
schools; SCF was the only two-year school to compete.
- SCF was one of 25 colleges and universities nationwide selected to participate in
Yale University’s Small World Initiative.
- SCF named a charter member of the Manufacturing Institute’s M-List.
ATHLETICS & STUDENT LIFE
- Tennis team ranks third in the nation and first in state. First SCF women's team to
- Volleyball team ranked ninth in the nation, runner-up in state and first in Suncoast
- Baseball team placed second in the Suncoast Conference. Qualified for state tournament
for the 20th consecutive season—a state record.
- Softball qualified for the state tournament for the 15th consecutive year and won
the Suncoast Conference Championship.
- SCF represented eight of the sixteen All-State Orchestra musicians and won awards
and/or scholarships at the Florida College System Activities Association Winter Music
- SCF student filmmakers participated in Cine-World Film Festival.
- SCF Chamber Choir accompanied Grammy-nominated Susan Boyle in a sold-out concert at
the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall in Sarasota.
ACCREDITATIONS & PASS RATES
- SCF is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on
- Eighty-one students were awarded their A.S. in Nursing in Spring 2015.
- ALL health programs are nationally accredited.
- 100% pass rate on national exams in all health programs—Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Occupational
Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant and Radiography.
- Recognized by US News & World Report with bronze ranking for Best High Schools.
- Earned a fourth consecutive “A” grade from the Florida Department of Education.
- Three collegiate school students won outstanding graduate awards.
- More than $1.2M in college scholarships awarded to 2015 graduates.
- Nearly 50% of the 2015 graduating class are members of either National Honor Society
and/or Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
- More than 9,000 service hours completed by 2015 graduates.
- Two collegiate school students won state awards and are now competing in a national
history fair competition.
- For the fifth year, SCF was named a Military-Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine.
- SCF is among the top 20% of all colleges and universities nationwide for helping military
service members achieve success as college students.