RN to B.S.N. Program Delivery Options
All State College of Florida (SCF) nursing programs are approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Further, SCF has received approval from ACEN to offer the Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program via distance education (online). ACEN is located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850; Atlanta, GA 30326. ACEN's phone number is 404-975-5000.
SCF offers the RN-BSN program in a completely online format or online with some blended course options. Application, admission, and graduation requirements include:
- Applied and accepted to SCF; all students must be administratively and academically in good standing.
- An unencumbered, unrestricted Florida RN license or eligible for Florida RN licensure;
- Ability to complete a 45 hour practicum requirement within the State of Florida; and
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a letter grade of "C" or better.
- BSC 2085C (Anatomy and Physiology I with lab)
- BSC 2086C (Anatomy and Physiology II with lab)
- CHM 1025C (Introductory Chemistry with lab) or any A.A.; BSC, CHM or PHY prefix course (3 credit hour minimum)
- DEP 2004 (Human Development: Life Span)
- ENC 1101 (Written Communication I)
- ENC 1102 (Written Communication II)
- Humanities (Any Area IV, A.A. - Literature or Art and Humanities)
- HUN 2201 (Fundamentals of Human Nutrition)
- Mathematics (Any Area II, A.A.)
- MCB 2010C (Microbiology with lab)
- PSY 2012 (General Psychology)
- STA 2023 (Elementary Statistics)