Advanced Certificate Program in Teacher Certification 
(21 Term Hours)
The Alternative Certification Program provides a quality teacher training option for baccalaureate degree holders. At the completion of these modules, the student will have successfully demonstrated the Florida Education Accomplished Practices and have provided documentation of mastery in a comprehensive professional portfolio.
Completers of the program may then apply to Florida Department of Education for a professional teaching certificate.
This limited access program requires potential candidates to:
1. Possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
2. Acquire the statement of eligibility for certification from the FLDOE;
3. Submit a written statement of loyalty to Florida and the USA;
4. Be of good moral character; and
5. Possess the disposition suitable for becoming a teacher.
|EPI||0004||The Teaching and Learning Process||3|
|EPI||0010||Foundations of Research-based Practices in Reading||3|
|EPI||0940||Field Experience for Professional Foundations||1|
|EPI||0030||Diversity in the Classroom||2|
|EPI||0945||Field Experience for Diversity in the Classroom||1|
NOTE: A grade of "C" or better must be attained for each course taken for this certificate. To be eligible for a professional teaching certificate, each candidate must pass three Florida Teacher Certification Exams: General Knowledge, Professional Knowledge and Subject Area Exam in the area of certification sought.