EPI Application Minimum Requirements Checklist
The Educator Preparation Institute is a 7-month program for individuals holding bachelor's degrees seeking to earn a Professional teaching certificate. The cohort program begins twice per year (January & August) at the two State College of Florida campus locations. Classes meet one night per week from 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. .
To be considered for admission to the State College of Florida EPI, interested applicants must:
*January Cohort (Spring 2017) applicants must have an Eligible Statement of Status of Eligibility from Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) and two (2) passing test scores (SAE & GKT) from Florida Teacher Certification Exam ( FTCE) before entry into the Educator Preparation Institute .
- Apply for a Statement of Status of Eligibility (SSE) from the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) at www.fldoe.org/edcert. There is a $75 application fee for each subject requested. The turnaround time varies depending on the time of year and how quickly the DOE receives all documentation. The DOE will require official transcripts (sent directly from each institution to the DOE) from all institutions attended.
- You will need to download the application from our website and submit it by mail or as an email attachment.
- Complete SCF application (www.scf.edu) online. You will be required to prove that you have been a resident of Florida for at least one year prior to admission to be eligible for in-state tuition. Apply as a non-degree seeking, transient student in Personal Enrichment. When the Educational Records office has received an official transcript, you will be admitted to the EPI officially.
- Submit an official transcript from the institution that granted your bachelor's degree (no other transcripts necessary) to SCF Educational Records office (5840 26th St. W, Bradenton, FL 34207). This transcript must be sent directly from your institution to SCF. The Educational Records office will not accept hand carried transcripts even if they are in sealed envelopes.
- Passing scores on Subject Area Exam (SAE-$200) and General Knowledge Exam (GKT $130). Most exams are administered at computer test centers. Go to (www.fl.nesinc.com) to register for tests and for information about locations and hours of testing centers.
A completed application will include:
- EPI application
- SCF campus application for admission to the college including residency documentation and an official transcript from the institution that granted your bachelor's degree
- 1 page philosophy statement (see EPI application for information)
- Eligible Statement of Status of Eligibility from the FLDOE
- FTCE scores-Subject Area and General Knowledge- (2)
- Interview with a member of the EPI staff
All documentation with the exception of the SCF application and transcript may be sent to:
State College of Florida Manatee-Sarasota
8000 S Tamiami Trail