eLearning Faculty Certification
As part of the Quality Enhancement Plan for eLearning, SCF committed to the development of a certification program for faculty who teach eLearning courses. By the end of Spring, 2007, all full-time and adjunct faculty teaching eLearning will have completed the certification program. Training, workshops, and a pedagogy course have been established to assist eLearning faculty in mastering the competencies to achieve certification. For more information about the current workshop schedule, go to SCFconnect.
If you have questions, contact the Instructional Design Team at email@example.com.
Achieving eLearning Certification
- All eLearning faculty will demonstrate competencies in each of the eLearning Certification Competency Modules. Evaluation of faculty will be conducted by the Director of eLearning or designated individuals that are trained and qualified in a particular module area. All modules will include an assessment of skills. A faculty member may choose to attend training in order to achieve proficiency or may request that the Director of eLearning evaluate current abilities in any module.
- The Pedagogy Module (ADL 5000) is required for ALL eLearning faculty.
- After completing ADL 5000, the faculty member will submit the revised course to be used for certification to the Director of eLearning for review and approval.
- Upon approval, the faculty member will teach the course.
- The faculty member will show improvement in one of the following three areas: student retention, student success rates, or student satisfaction.
- The faculty member will complete a reflective exercise.
Upon completion of the steps above, the eLearning faculty member will receive SCF eLearning Certification.