Faculty - Lower Division - Salary Schedule
STATE COLLEGE OF FLORIDA, MANATEE-SARASOTA
2012-2013 FACULTY SALARY SCHEDULE - LOWER DIVISION
1. ASSIGNMENT OF ACADEMIC RANK:
A. Assignment of Academic Rank to new faculty and promotional decisions of existing faculty will be made according to the criteria in
the Initial Hiring Criteria or Professorial Ranking System, approved by the Board of Trustees, as amended from time to time.
B. The Professorial Ranking System recognizes the six ranks listed below:
(1) ADJUNCT FACULTY: Part-time, temporary. See Section #4 below for salary information
(2) LECTURER: Full-time, temporary, non-tenure-tract. The salary is commensurate with Instructor,
Minimum Salary 1 as stated in Section #3B
(4) ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
(5) ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Refer to Section #3B in this section for salaries for Instructors, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor.
2. ANNUAL AND CONTINUING CONTRACT STATUS: All new faculty with the Professional Rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor,
Associate Professor, or Professor will be placed on annual contract regardless of the number of years of experience. Annual
contract status will continue for a minimum of three (3) years and not greater than five (5) years.
Note: Those new faculty who begin employment after the regular start of the fall semester will have their pay pro-rated and paid through the final pay date of the 12 month deferred pay schedule. For years subsequent to the first year, the faculty member may elect to change status and be paid over 20, 23, or 26 pays, depending on the length of contract, with prior notice to the Executive Director, Human Resources no later than July 1 of that year.
Continuing contract status for full-time faculty will be determined in accordance with rules and policies of the Board of Trustees.
Adjunct and Lecturer appointments do not earn credit toward continuing contract status.
3. FULL-TIME FACULTY - LOWER DIVISION
A. Full-time faculty are those faculty members who carry a full credit teaching load which is defined as a minimum of 15 classroom or
on-line contact hours per week, or its equivalent, in each semester. A full-time faculty member's contract will state the amount of the
salary and the term of employment: 9 month/164 days, 10 month/194 days, or 12 month/247 days. Faculty on a 164 day contract will
teach both the fall and spring semester.
B. The following salary schedule will be used for all full-time faculty 9 month faculty:
For 10 month appointments add 20% For 12 month appointments add 40%
C. Establishing Salaries
1. New Faculty will be placed with the range based on the evaluation of experience in accordance with College procedure
for Initial Placement of New Faculty.
2. Faculty will move within the range in accordance with District Board of Trustees approved salary increases.
3. Faculty who have been awarded a promotion according to the Professional Ranking policy will receive the minimum salary
for the next rank at the beginning of the next academic year.
D. SUMMER A OR SUMMER B: Full-time Faculty who are on continuing contract track, and who have been recommended for employment
on annual or continuing contract for the next academic year, and who teach Summer A or Summer B will be compensated at a rate
of $2,425.05 per 3 semester hours up to a maximum of 6 semester hours for each summer session. Summer A or Summer B
semester hours taught above the established maximum will be compensated at the standard overload rate.
E. SUMMER BENEFIT: Full-time faculty who are on continuing contract track, and who have been recommended for employment
on annual or contunuing contract for the next academic year, will be maintained on benefits, including health and other benefits paid
for by the College between contract years.
4. OVERLOADS & ADJUNCT FACULTY (CREDIT):
Overload and adjunct faculty (credit) will be compensated at a rate of $1,850.25 per 3 semester hours.
Overload and adjunct faculty will have $30.00 deducted from thier total compensation for each hour of class time for which he/she
Substitutes will be paid $30.00 per teaching hour. A full-time faculty member in a regular, budgeted position who is on annual or
continuing contract will receive the substitute rate when substituting outside of his/her regular established schedule.
6. SPECIAL FACULTY SALARIES:
A. Artist-in-Residence $183 per student
(adjunct faculty who teach applied music classes)
B. Faculty Assessment of Prior Learning $6.00 per credit hour
(Exam & Review, Portfolio Review) CEL Program
C. Faculty Re-Assessment $3.00 per credit hour
(Re-review of Portfolio) CEL Program
7. Duties other than those listed will be compensated by an overload, a multiple of an overload, a fraction thereof, or a
daily rate commensurate with duties assigned.
8. MILITARY SERVICE will be accepted as credit provided the instructor was teaching immediately preceding and immediately
following obligatory military service, up to a maximum of 5 years.
9. PROFESSIONAL / INDUSTRIAL / MILITARY EXPERIENCE directly related to the assignment at State College of Florida, Manatee-
Sarasota may be accepted in lieu of teaching experience to the extent that the Board of Trustees considers justified, up to a maximum
of five (5) years.
10. HEALTH SCIENCE PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FACULTY are required to work in hospitals because such experience is essential
to good teaching in this field. Therefore, full-time experience (not Internship) may be credited for health science education faculty,
up to a maximum of five (5) years.
11. DIVIDED TIME EXPERIENCE: Employment of less than 9 months in one position can be added to those months of employment of
another location during a single calendar year for credit of one year's experience. Example: 6 months of professional work, plus 4
months of teaching during one calendar year will equate to one year of credit experience.
12. ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR TRAINING CERTIFICATION: Adjunct Instructors are offered in-service training opportunities throughout the
year. Any Adjunct Instructor, who completes six (6) authorized in-service training sessions provided by the College, will receive Adjunct
Instructor Certification and be paid a flat sum of $200. Additional compensation will be paid to Adjunct Instructors who have completed
the Adjunct Instructor Training Certification according to the following table:
- 1-3 classes - $100
- 4-5 classes - $200
13. DIRECTED STUDY RATES:
|5 (ILH)||Class =||1/14 x $3,083.75||= $220.27 per student|
|4.5 (ILH)||Class =||1/14 x $2,775.38||= $198.24 per student|
|4 (ILH)||Class =||1/14 x 2,467.00||= $176.21 per student|
|3 (ILH)||Class =||1/14 x $1,850.25||= $132.16 per student|
|2 (ILH)||Class =||1/14 x $1,233.50||= $88.11 per student|
|1 (ILH)||Class =||1/14 x $ 616.75||= $44.05 per student|