Stay Connected on the Go with SCF’s New Mobile App
(Bradenton, Fla., February 28, 2012) — State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) has launched SCFmobile, a free mobile app for students, staff, faculty and friends who want to stay connected with the college while on the go. Available for both Apple and Android mobile devices, SCFmobile offers quick and easy access to the directory and class listings, maps, library resources, latest news and much more.
“We are excited to provide this new app for friends of the college to stay in contact with us wherever they are,” said SCF President Dr. Lars A. Hafner. “As a college committed to using technology to provide the best service to our community, we are confident that this tool provides one more way for students, staff, and the public to access SCF right at their fingertips.”
Current features of the mobile app include:
- Campus Maps – View locations of SCF’s campuses.
- News – Read about the latest news at SCF.
- Library – Access the library’s mobile services.
- Courses – Access the current term course schedule. Each course includes information including times, days of the week, building location and instructor.
- Videos – Stay up to date with the latest video content from SCF’s YouTube channel.
- Photos – View favorite photos from the college.
Additional features being planned include an events and academic calendar and athletics news.
Directions for downloading the app:
- To get SCFmobile for the iPhone, iPad or iPod, go to the iTunes AppStore, search for “SCFmobile” and install the app on the device.
- To get SCFmobile for an Android phone or tablet, go to the Android Market, search for “SCFmobile” and install the app on the device.