SCF Board Report: March 26, 2013
Seven Faculty Members Approved for Continuing Contract
(Bradenton, Fla.,March 26,2013) — State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) District Board of Trustees held its regular meeting on March 26 at SCF Venice.
The board unanimously approved continuing contract status for seven faculty members who had been recommended through the College’s rigorous process.
Approved for continuing contract were: Brent R. Cheyne, associate professor, Occupational Therapy Assistant Program, SCF Bradenton; Jenny Cronkhite, assistant professor, nursing, SCF Bradenton; Richard McKee, instructor, language and literature, SCF Venice; Kelly McManigle, nursing, SCF Bradenton; Robin Rogers, instructor, language and literature, SCF Bradenton; Rebecca Williams, instructor, mathematics, SCF Bradenton; Kristen Zaborski, instructor, business and technology, SCF Venice.
Peg Beck, SCF executive director of human resources, gave an update on new state continuing contract policies that SCF trustees will act on by July 1.
In other official board action, the board approved:
- non-financial and financial consent agenda items;
- eliminating the replacement fee for the SCF OneCard, a debit card provided to students for the disbursement of financial aid and tuition refunds;
- the 2012-2013 annual update of SCF’s Florida Educational Equity Act Report;
- revisions to the Harassment and Discrimination Rule to comply with a recommendation from the Florida Department of Education Equity and Civil Rights office; and
- the appointment of trustee Lori Moran as the board’s representative to work with SCF staff on an Invitation to Negotiate for the college’s temporary services contract.
Gary Russell, SCF vice president of academic quality and success, gave an update about program acceleration to meet the varied needs of SCF students, including offering more eight- and 12-week flexible schedule classes; Saturday College, a new program available at the Lakewood Ranch campus that allows a student to earn a complete degree in an accelerated time frame by attending Saturday classes; and a new evening and weekend LPN-to-RN transition program starting in May 2013.
The next regular meeting of the board is scheduled for April 30 at 5:30 p.m. at SCF Bradenton.