SCF Celebrates the Opening of the Student Union
(Bradenton, Fla., January 21, 2014) — Students joined State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) officials on Jan. 17 at a reception celebrating the newly renovated Student Union, building 14, at SCF Bradenton that opened at the start of the Spring 2014 term.
Remodeling included the Student Union dining area, Club Hub, and Public Safety/Security offices.
Students and staff conducted a tour showcasing upgraded features including:
- a café-type dining area with both high-top and table-top seating, small and large tables, and a large booth for student groups to hold informal meetings;
- a recreational area with video gaming stations, TV, and Ping-Pong and pool tables;
- upgraded technology throughout including charging stations for electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops;
- an expanded and more visible and inviting Club Hub with computers for students' use, a TV and board games, and colorful, comfortable seating to accommodate club meetings;
- a new university admissions office to facilitate SCF students transferring to universities; andreconfigured Public Safety/Security offices that provide more functionality and improved student service.
To avoid disruption to students, renovation on the project was completed during the Winter Break under the direction of SCF Facilities Department Project Manager Emmanuel Acheampong; the contractor was DeLesline Construction Inc., Palmetto.
By removing and relocating walls, the renovation increased usable space and provided an improved traffic flow without adding square footage. The cost for the project was $323, 232.