SCF Board Report: April 22, 2014
(Bradenton, Fla., April 22, 2014) — State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) District Board of Trustees held its regular monthly meeting April 22 at SCF Bradenton.
SCF President Dr. Carol F. Probstfeld introduced Cassandra Holmes as the new executive director of the SCF Foundation Inc. and Osprey resident Robert Wyatt as a new SCF trustee.
She also recognized three of the four SCF students who were named to the All-Florida Academic Team, including two who were among 100 in the nation to be named 2014 Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team Gold and Bronze Scholars. Click here to read the news release.
In official board action, the board approved:
- the Strategic Plan progress report as the baseline document for launch of the 2016-2021 SCF Strategic Planning process.
- a grant proposal for a Quick Response Training Grant sponsored by CareerSource Florida Inc. to assist Florida Revenue Cycle Service Center for Community Health Systems in training new employees. If funded, SCF would receive a portion of the grant for serving as fiscal agent and providing part of the training.
- financial consent agenda items, including monthly financial report, SCFCS financial statement and the SCF Foundation Quarterly Report and Audit.
- non-financial consent agenda items, including Traffic Safety Institute advisory committee March 2013 meeting minutes and CCD amended Summer and Spring 2014 schedules.
- updates to college rules.
The board also gave approval for SCF to enter into a contract with:
- Workspace for $89,739 for Building 9 office furniture replacement.
- Disegno for $210,356 Building 9 classroom furniture replacement.
- Xerox Audio Visual Solutions for $205,583 for Building 9 classroom audio and video equipment replacement.
- Keller Mechanical for $133,482 for boiler installation at SCF Bradenton.
The next meeting of the SCF District Board of Trustees is scheduled at 5:30 p.m. May 20 at SCF Lakewood Ranch.