SCF to Offer Fall TEAS Preparation Courses
(Bradenton, Fla., August 28, 2014) — State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) Corporate and Community Development will offer a noncredit course this fall for students who are preparing for the Test for Essential Academic Skills V(TEAS) and interested in applying to SCF’s Associate in Science (A.S.) in Nursing Degree Program.
Two three-hour classes will be held in each of the following categories:
- Reading, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 8, and Wednesday, Sept. 10
- Mathematics, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 15, and Wednesday, Sept. 17
- English, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22, and Wednesday, Sept. 24
The cost per class is $45 or all three for $110.
Following the course, students may take the TEAS examination offered at SCF.
SCF also will offer information sessions this fall about the Associate in Science (A.S.) in Nursing Degree Program. Students eligible for the program must have completed prerequisite courses with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or above and passed the TEAS V examination. The Spring 2015 A.S. in Nursing Degree Program application deadline is at noon on Oct. 15.
Information sessions are scheduled at the following three locations:
- 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 11, at SCF Lakewood Ranch, 7131 Professional Parkway E., Medical Technology & Simulation Center, room 203;
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 17, at SCF Venice, 8000 S. Tamiami Trail, building 800, room 852; and
- Noon Thursday, Sept. 25, at SCF Bradenton, 5840 26th St. W., building 29, room 106.