SCF Venice to Present “The Vagina Monologues” to Benefit SPARCC

(Bradenton, Fla., Jan. 31, 2017) — State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) will present “The Vagina Monologues” by Eve Ensler at 6 p.m. Feb. 8 in Studio 307 at SCF Venice, 8000 S. Tamiami Trail.

SCF students, faculty and community members will represent the wildly divergent female voices that Ensler captured and wrote into the monologues. SCF is joining V-day performances globally to raise awareness of violence against women and girls, to unify and strengthen existing anti-violence efforts and to raise money for Safe Place Rape Crisis Center (SPARCC) in Sarasota. The event is open to the public and a suggested $2 contribution benefits SPARCC.

The production is heading into its 20th anniversary and this year Ensler has restricted productions of the show to V-day performances in February only. All productions also are required to send 90 percent of proceeds to a local agency working to prevent violence against women using the theme “One Billion Rising Revolution: Solidarity Against the Exploitation of Women.” The remaining 10 percent goes to the national effort.

For more information, contact Dr. Frances Auld, language and literature assistant professor, at or 941-408-1499.

Page Edit