FALL TERM BEGINS AUG. 21
Most Fall term 2006 classes begin Monday, Aug. 21, at MCC Bradenton, MCC Venice and the Center for Innovation and Technology at MCC Lakewood Ranch and all other locations. Enrollment for late-start credit classes will continue. The late-start course offerings, along with their starting and drop-with-refund dates, may be viewed on MCC's Web site at www.scf.edu, click on "Class Schedule."
Student services office hours at MCC Bradenton and MCC Venice are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday. Hours will be extended to 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 25. Tuition is $69.69 per hour for in-state students and $256.95 per hour for out-of-state students.
Note these additional dates:
· Aug. 25 - Last day to add or drop classes with a refund, or to submit third-attempt fee waiver forms for Fall classes
· Sept. 1 - Last day to change a course from credit to audit status; last day to apply for Fall 2006 graduation; last day to use financial aid in the bookstore
· Sept. 4 - Labor Day holiday. No classes. Offices closed.
· Sept. 6 - First day student loan checks that have been received from the lender are available for returning students
· Sept. 8 - Deadline to register for Oct. 7 CLAST
· Sept. 21 - Financial aid grant and scholarship balance checks mailed
· Oct. 3 - MCC Bradenton Open House
· Oct. 10 - MCC Venice Open House
· Oct. 13 - Faculty/Staff Development Day. No day classes or academic support labs. Classes scheduled 4 p.m. and later will meet as usual.
· Oct. 30 - Last day to withdraw without academic penalty (no refund) for Fall 2006 classes.
Programs leading to one-year certificates and two-year associate in arts, associate in applied science and associate in science degrees are offered at MCC. Classes are held at MCC Bradenton, 5840 26th St. West; MCC Venice, 8000 S. Tamiami Trail; the Center for Innovation and Technology at MCC Lakewood Ranch, 7131 Professional Parkway East; online and at off-site locations.