MCC Observes Labor Day Holiday
On Tuesday, Sept. 4, Labor Day, Manatee Community College (MCC) offices will close and no classes or other activities will be held at MCC Bradenton, MCC Venice and the Center for Innovation and Technology at MCC Lakewood Ranch and all other locations. The regular schedule of classes, labs and the library will resume Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Enrollment for late-start Fall term 2006 credit classes is under way. The late-start course offerings, along with their starting and drop-with-refund dates, may be viewed on MCC's Web site at www.scf.edu/Registrar, click on "Class Schedule."
Student services office hours at MCC Bradenton and MCC Venice are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday. Tuition is $69.69 per hour for in-state students and $256.95 per hour for out-of-state students.
Note these additional dates:
- Sept. 6 - First day student loan checks that have been received from the lender are available for returning students
- Sept. 8 - Deadline to register for Oct. 7 CLAST
- Sept. 21 - Financial aid grant and scholarship balance checks mailed
- Oct. 3 - MCC Bradenton Open House
- Oct. 10 - MCC Venice Open House
- Oct. 13 - Faculty/Staff Development Day. No day classes or academic support labs. Classes scheduled 4 p.m. and later will meet as usual.
- Oct. 30 - Last day to withdraw without academic penalty (no refund) for Fall 2006 classes.
Programs leading to one-year certificates and two-year associate in arts, associate in applied science and associate in science degrees are offered at MCC. Classes are held at MCC Bradenton, 5840 26th St. West; MCC Venice, 8000 S. Tamiami Trail; the Center for Innovation and Technology at MCC Lakewood Ranch, 7131 Professional Parkway East; online and at off-site locations.