Board Will Interview Five Finalists for MCC President
(Bradenton, Fla. March 3, 2008) - The MCC District Board of Trustees at a special meeting March 3 ratified the recommendation of the Presidential Search Committee to invite five finalists to interview for the MCC presidency.
The finalists and their present positions are listed in alphabetical order:
- Bioteau, Cynthia, Ph.D., President & CEO, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Elliott, Scott, Ed.D., President, Meridian Community College, Meridian, Miss.
- Hafner, Lars, Ph.D., Provost (Campus President), St. Petersburg College, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Rosen, John, Ed.D., Vice President, Academic Affairs, Manatee Community College, Bradenton, Fla.
- Spraggs, Laurence, D.A., President, Broome Community College, Binghamton, N.Y.
Finalists will be invited to interview with the MCC board and meet with students, college employees and community members. A schedule of public meetings, which will be held at MCC locations in Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and Venice beginning March 24 through April 8, will be announced through the media and published on the MCC Web site, www.scf.edu. Persons attending the public and community meetings will have an opportunity to provide written comments.
The board is seeking a successor to MCC President Dr. Sarah H. Pappas, who is retiring June 30. A new MCC president is expected to be selected by April 30 and to assume the position July 1.