MCC Observes Spring Break 3/16/09 Through 3/22/09
Manatee Community College (MCC) will observe Spring Break from Monday, March 16, through Sunday, March 22. The academic resource center (ARC) at MCC Venice and MCC Bradenton will close at 2 p.m. on Friday, March 13. All other offices and the library will close at 4:30 p.m. No classes or other activities will be held at MCC Bradenton, MCC Venice and MCC Lakewood Ranch and all other locations during Spring Break. Classes and all other activities will resume Monday, March 23.
Web registration for all currently enrolled students continuing for Summer 2009 courses begins Monday, March 30. Web registration for new, transfer, transient, readmits and all others not previously registered for Summer 2009 classes begins Monday, April 13. First-time college students must make appointments for orientation prior to Web registration, which is available for all students who have completed the admission process. Admission information is available online at: www.scf.edu/Admissions.
Course offerings for the Summer term can be viewed online at: www.scf.edu/ClassSchedules.
Other important Spring term dates include:
- Monday, March 23, last day to withdraw without academic penalty (no refund) for Spring courses that started the first week of the term (Jan. 12-17);
- Friday, April 10, deadline to register online (www.scf.edu/Graduation) to guarantee participation in May 9 commencement ceremonies;
- Friday, May 1, Spring classes end. Honors Convocation, 12:30 p.m., MCC Venice, and 7 p.m., MCC Bradenton;
- May 4-7, final examinations, Spring 2009;
- Saturday, May 9, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Spring Commencement ceremonies