Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Calendar
ORIENTATION for ADJUNCT FACULTY CERTIFICATION
Saturdays, January 25 and February 2, 2014.
Registration to open second week of January.
Copyright Clearance, Fair Use, and the Classroom
Presenter: Tracy Elliott, Director of Libraries
Wednesday, Jan. 22 12:00-2:00, CRN TBD
Wednesday Jan. 22 3:00-5:00, CRN TBD
Library, 2nd Floor Instruction Room
* Undertand the 4 factors of fair use
* Apply the 4 factors of fair use to real life examples
* Learn the library's tools for obtaining copyright clearance
Did you know that using copyrighted materials for educational purposes is only one of the factors of fair use? Recent litigation requires three of four factors be satisfied. There are several ways the library is helping faculty with evaluating fair use and getting copyright clearance. Don't forget, both you and the college are liable for copyright infringement. So are your students. This workshop will cover fair use guidelines and their interpretations by recent court case decisions as well as the tools and assistance the library can provide.
Friday, February 21 – Faculty/Staff Development Day
Five Things about EBSCO Databases
Instructor: Mark Marino, Information Literacy Librarian
ONLINE January 15-April 28, 2014, Self-paced
* Understand EBSCO publisher's many functions for professional and instructional use
* Apply EBSCO tools to extract, record and manage information
* Identify potential sources of information via EBSCO's search utilities
Learn how to filter your searches, export articles and citations, and set up your own personal EBSCO account, where you can create customized folders and email alerts.
Five Things to Do With PowerPoint
Instructor: Rhonda Kitchens, Digital Presence Librarian
ONLINE January 15-April 28, 2014, Self-paced
* Apply more comprehensive content model to PowerPoint
* Explore free and low cost technology/techniques that use PowerPoint
* Design a plan to transform existing PowerPoint
Take one great PowerPoint and turn it into 5 different presentations, promotions or learning aids. Take your content and turn it in a plethora of tools to reach a variety of learner types, technological situations and information delivery methods.
Adjunct Coordinator : Mary DiTaranto
Faculty Professional Development Workshop Coordinator : Rhonda K. Kitchens, Venice Campus Librarian
How to Register.
To register for workshops:
1. Go to SCF Connect
2. Log in ( email name before SCF.edu, password same as SCF email )
3. Select the “Faculty” tab
4. Select the “Banner Self Service”
5. Select the “Student Services and Financial Aid” 6. Select “Registration”
7. Select “Look Up Classes to Add”
8. For the Term Selection, select “Faculty Prof. Devel. Fall13”
9. In the Subject line, select “FPDZ: Faculty Professnl Dvlpmnt”
10. Then at the bottom of the screen, select “Course Search”
11. Select “View Sections"
If you are unable to sign in please contact: A small change needs to made to your account.
DiTaranto, Mary P. , Adjunct Coordinator, Academic Affairs, email@example.com, (941) 752-5247.
If you have more questions or suggestions for workshops:
Rhonda K. Kitchens, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content below here under review. 12/12/2013.
This page has been prepared for the convenience of the adjunct faculty at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota. It is hoped that the information provided will serve as a helpful orientation to college policies and procedures.
All the information needed by the faculty is not included herein, nor does it replace official college documents. Reference should be made to other publications of the College, including the SCF Catalog, the SCF Rules Manual, and the SCF Procedures Manual (currently being updated). Copies of these documents can be found in any academic administrative office. If none of the above sources reveals the information needed, faculty members should consult their supervisors.
|Adjunct-Frequently Asked Questions||ANGEL|
|Banner Self Serve-Entering Grades||SCF-Connect-Portal|
|Email (SCF)-Remote Access Procedures|
|Library Services for Faculty|
|Help Request-Computer Services|
|Payroll- Check with your department for the current schedule dates|
|SCF-Mission, Values and Priorities|
|Food Services||Faculty Success Resources|
|Student Development & Enrollment Services|
|Course Performance Standards|
|Curriculum Policy||Professional Development:|
|Evaluation of Faculty||Adjunct Faculty Incentives|
|Faculty Certification Paramaters||Standards for Student Behavior|
|Faculty Professional Development|
|Technology in the Classroom:|
|Procedure for Requesting Equipment|
|Procedure for Reporting Equipment Problems|