Service Obstacle System
Service Obstacle System = Opportunity for Improvement
Thank you for your interest in improving service at SCF. Your contribution to quality improvement is very much appreciated.
Service Obstacle System (SOS) Expectations:
Be Respectful Be Productive Be Proactive Be Collaborative
The SOS is an online system designed to help you:
- Identify issues and concerns that may be hindering a College process;
- Describe the impact the obstacle(s) has on service delivery and/or service excellence;
- Provide an opportunity to give recommendations for solving the issue (either a partial solution, full solution or simply a suggestion).
- NOT intended to address minor problems. It serves as a method for identifying obstacles/barriers that are larger in scope, recur, and may prevent more than one person from providing excellent service.
- NOT intended to be a complaint box nor is it a vehicle to submit personnel issues.
If you have a personal grievance, please refer to » Employee Conflict Resolution Procedure, 1.14.03. There are human resources protocols and procedures that will better assist you if you need to report an issue
of that nature.
- If an SOS is submitted and it appears to be a human resources or personnel issue, the submission will be deleted.
- The SOS/Service Improvement Team will NOT review inappropriate submissions nor will the information in the submission be communicated to human resources or any other area.
SOS at SCF
As you identify a business process, customer service or service process that could be beneficial to the College, please remember to provide specific details where possible. Suggestions for solutions, or partial solutions, are also encouraged.
The SOS submission form can be accessed by faculty and staff through the Pride in Excellence channel in SCFconnect. View detailed instructions for submitting an SOS.
The SOS submissions are carefully reviewed by the President's Advisory Council (PAC). Members of the PAC are pursuing solutions to the issues, including a few that are more complex. Issues that involve enrollment and SACS reaffirmation are assigned as first priorities.
Additional information on the SCF Service Obstacle System process is available via PDF.
Updates regarding the submissions are available in SCFconnect -> Employee tab -> Pride in Excellence channel. The submission listing is updated approximately once a month.
Thank you for participating in Pride in Excellence at SCF.
SOS/Service Improvement Team