Profile for MCC President
Established by MCC
District Board of Trustees, Oct. 15, 2007
The Board of Trustees of Manatee Community College
is looking for a creative, visionary, energetic and ethical
leader who can demonstrate the ability to:
- Have knowledge of and articulate the mission of Manatee
Community College, both inside and outside the college.
- Show evidence of an honest, open leadership style.
- Exhibit good oral, written and listening communication
skills within the college and community.
- Be visible and accessible in the college and
- Solve difficult problems.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in fundraising.
- Understand the proper relationship between the Foundation
for MCC Inc. and the college leadership/board of
- Have knowledge and understanding of Florida's funding
system and the ability to work within it.
- Understand and respect the teaching/learning process in a
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role and
responsibilities of a leader at a student-centered
- Understand the dynamics of a multi-campus
- Understand the proper relationship between a president
and an appointed board of trustees.
- Support professional development for all employees.
- Work with the college community in a team-inclusive,
- Demonstrate successful experience in issues of diversity
and the ability to lead a college that values diversity.
- Lead a college that operates as a quality,
- Know the importance of technology in the classroom and
throughout the college.
- Form relationships with business and industry,
educational institutions, civic and cultural organizations,
and other community agencies.
- Be respectful and understanding of existing positive
relationships with local universities.
- Lead and support the efforts of the community in economic
- Work within the political process of the service region