Title III, EAP 0260 Students Resources
Practice Exit Exam
Circle the letter of the answer that correctly completes the sentence.
1. You look sad. Why ____ ?
a. you not happy?
b. you're not happy?
c. aren't you happy?
2. What ___ you need?
3. I go to the movies three times a year. I ___ go to the movies.
4. There aren't ___ plates on the shelf.
5. My son and daughter are in high school. ___ are good children.
6. Do you study on Saturday or Sunday? Yes, I ___.
7. I was born ___ 1980.
8. I go to class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I go to class ____.
a. every day
b. every other day
c. from time to time
9. ___ Jaime graduate next year?
10. I ___ how to drive a car.
c. am learning
11. My job begins at 9:00. I ___ leave the house by 8:30.
a. don't have to
b. have to
c. has to
12. It's only 6:00. The kids ___ go to sleep yet.
a. must not
b. have to
c. don't have to
13. Sometimes Linda is late to class. She ___ be late today.
14. I got sick because I ate ___ cherries.
a. too much
b. too many
c. a lot
15. My favorite ___ of art is the Mona Lisa.
Circle the letter of the sentence that is correct.
16. a. Why did they went home?
b. Why did they go home?
c. Why was they go home?
17. a. Lena spended a lot of money on clothes.
b. Lena spent many money on clothes.
c. Lena spent a lot of money on clothes.
18. a. She writing a letter now.
b. She writes a letter now.
c. She's writing a letter now.
19. a. She should be studying now.
b. She should studying now.
c. She should is studying now.
20. a. They were in Virginia last week.
b. They last week were in Virginia.
c. Last week were they in Virginia.
21. a. A soccer team has 11 players, and a football team too.
b. This isn't the last questions, is this?
c. There won't be a test next week, will there?
22. a. China has the biggest population in the world.
b. She faster drives than her husband.
c. I have responsibilities more than you.
23. a. Paul is one of the youngest student in this class.
b. She is more older than her husband.
c. My father is more educated than my mother.
24. a. I have problems more than you.
b. Paris is the city most beautiful in the world.
c. I travel more than my friend does.
25. a. A D grade is worse than a C grade.
b. June 21 is longest day of the year.
c. Women drive carefuller than men.
26. a. She is'nt in the library.
b. I amn't from Pakistan.
c. It's time to go.
27. a. This are my pencils.
b. Those dogs are beautiful. Its friendly.
c. You're in Florida now.
28. a. I live in U.S.
b. It's warm today.
c. Chicago it's a big city.
29. a. How much costs a stamp?
b. The teacher doesn't speak my language.
c. Where you live?
30. a. I am never bored in class.
b. Always I drink coffee in the morning.
c. We never don't eat in class.
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the word in the parenthesis.
(The words are adjectives, adverbs, and verbs.)
31. Sue has ______________ (neat) handwriting.
32. He speaks English __________________ (fluent).
33. He likes to drive _____________________ (fast).
34. I ________________ (come) from Haiti.
35. I ____________________(decide) to move to the U.S. ten months ago.
36. I ___________________ (want) to come to the U.S. for more opportunities.
37. I ___________________ (not/find) a good job because my English wasn't good enough.
38. I know I ___________________ (get) a better job when I can speak English better.
39. I know I ___________________(should/practice) more.
40. But I ____________________ (be) very shy.
Write a yes/no question about the words in parentheses.
41. He studied English in Haiti. (American English)
42. He'll study engineering. (accounting)
43. It is hard to learn another language. (live in another country)
44. He wants to get married. (next year)
Find the mistakes in word order and correct them.
Not every sentence has a mistake. If the sentence is correct, write C.
45. I got my license driver's last year.
46. He early ate breakfast.
47. They are too young to retire.
48. She opened slowly the door.
49. He bought a car very expensive.
50. I need to check my answers.