Title III, Student Resources
EAP 0340 PRACTICE FINAL EXAM
You have one class period to plan, write, and proofread a paragraph on one of the following topics:
- What holiday do you most enjoy celebrating? Why? Use specific details to explain your answer.
- What are some advantages OR disadvantages of living in the United States? Use specific details to support your discussion.
Read the two topics again and select the one you wish to develop into your paragraph.
At least two evaluators will read your paragraph and assign it a score.
They will read to see if you:
- Have a clear topic sentence with a plan of development
- Develop your topic sentence logically and in sufficient detail
- Provide an appropriate concluding sentence
- Use well-formed sentences
Take a few minutes to think about what you want to say. Leave a few minutes at the end of the period to proofread and make corrections.
You may cross out or add information as necessary.
- write legibly
- use blue or black ink
- skip lines
- write on one side of the paper
- number your pages.
Instead of your name,
write the last four digits of your GOO# in the upper right-hand corner of each page of your paragraph.
You may use your dictionary.