No Workshops are currently scheduled.
Need extra help with your classes ?
Need some tips to help be more successful with your tests ?
Need help memorizing information ?
What about passing that final exam ?
Check out our workshops. They are free of charge and all you need to do is just show up.
· Virtual Tutorial Sites and Assessments: learn about the various websites that are available for on-line tutoring for English, Math, and several other courses. We also give assessments and surveys that help determine any problems that you may be having with your classes, so we can teach you techniques for strengthening these areas.
· Math Study Skills: do you find that you study for several hours, but then still can't learn the math…..or perhaps it's been several years since you took your last math class. We can help give you tips on various aspects of studying math, so that you will become successful.
· Reducing Test Anxiety: if you've ever felt extremely nervous taking a test or even felt physically ill, this workshop is for you. We will teach you various ways to lessen your test anxiety. These are proven techniques that have worked for many students in the past.
· How to Take a Math Test: if you feel that your test grades could use some help, this is the workshop for you. We will teach you how to prepare for a math test, and then also teach you exactly how to take the test.
· Improving Your Memory: this workshop will teach you techniques for memorizing many different types of information. We will show you how to memorize rules, formulas, steps, and so much more. We will also give you an assessment to determine your learning style, so you'll know how you learn and memorize things best.
· Career Information: so what do you want to be when you grow up…how many times have we all been asked this question. In this workshop you will get information on choosing a career and what's available to help you through our Career Center.