|Click here to view Full-time and Part-time
jobs on the College Central Network
|On-Campus Recruitment||Student Employment on Campus|
The Career Resource Center Library has a multitude of reference materials
available to assist you with job search preparation and strategies.
Visit the Career Center Library for information on:
You have approximately ten seconds to capture the attention of a company's decision maker! Optimal Resume is the latest web-based tool for students to create, present, and manage their resumes. It helps students to build their best resume and enables them to create an online marketing presentation of their skills and abilities.
- Having trouble getting started?! Use this Resume and Application Worksheet to compile all of the information you will need!
- Use this guide to assist in the creation of your Reference List.
- Check out "The Write Resume" presentation!
- Action Verbs - powerful words to describe your skills and make your resume stand out above the rest.
- The 21st Century Skills are the employability skills employers are looking for when hiring future employees.
- Checklist for Resume Excellence
- Great tips for Creating a Concise Resume - or "your resume is not your autobiography!"
- Here's a sample!!
- Don't forget the cover letter!
Here are some websites that offer resume assistance:
www.monster.com, www.yahoo.com, www.careerbuilder.com, www.free-resume-tips.com and www.careerperfect.com.
Everyone picks up the classifieds or logs on to job search websites to find a job. But 80% of job openings are NEVER advertised in the classifieds. Once the job opening hits the classifieds, your competition has increased dramatically.
Know just what employers looking for in a new employee?
Networking can get you the job even before it's advertised.
Check out Mike Farr's On-line Get a Job Workshop. Mike is the author of Very Quick Job Search Get a Better Job in Half the Time. The workshop is a concise, informative guide for everything from resumes and cover letters to salary negotiations and job survival.
Take a look at "Why People Get Fired". You might be surprised at the reasons!
- The Ammunition - Research the Company!
- The Armor - Dress for Success! Choose your interview outfit carefully.
- The Arsenal! Listen carefully to the questions!
The Library in the Career Resource Center is open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for you to use as you begin your job search. There are dozens of books, as well as computer programs to choose from. Find help creating the perfect cover letter with references like "Cover Letters That Knock 'em Dead". Large companies now scan resumes for qualified candidates. You can find the words that will make your resume stand out from the rest by using "2500 Keywords to Get You Hired". "Best Resumes for College Students and New Grads" is a favorite with SCF Students as is "America's Top Resumes". So visit often, we can help!