Request for Course Substitution
Per the provisions outlined in the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota Procedure 4.015.01 a Course Substitution Panel will convene to carefully review student requests. The Coordinator for the Disability Resource Center (Panel Chair) will convene a panel, appointed by the Vice President, Academic Affairs, to review the request. The panel will include at a minimum:
1) Department Chair or Faculty representing the area in which the substitution/modification is requested
2) Department Chair or Faculty representing an outside subject/service area
3) Coordinator of the Disability Resource Center (Panel Chair)
4) Disability expert (in the area of the student's functional limitations)
5) SCF 504 Coordinator or ADA Coordinator
6) Representative from Academic Advising
7) Representative from the Academic Resource Center
The Panel meets twice in the Fall and Spring semesters, and once in the Summer semester. Panel decisions are sent by mail to the student by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Persons denied substitutions/modifications of one or more requirements may appeal the decision to the Vice President, Academic Affairs within ten (10) business days of receipt of the written decision. Upon review of the petition packet, and after consultation with the Coordinator of the Disability Resource Center and Disability Expert; the Vice President, Academic Affairs will communicate his/her decision in writing. Results of the written appeal will be provided to the student within ten (10) business days of receipt of the written appeal. Decisions with regards to substitution/modifications of requirements shall be final.
Student Instructions for Submitting a Course Substitution Request
Submit requests to the Disability Resource Center (DRC) office with the following information:
1. Copy of Disability Documentation -student can request copies of documentation on file from the DRC office. Please note that updated documentation may be necessary.
2. Unofficial SCF Transcript -student can print a copy from SCF Connect
3. Complete Student Petition Form - Request for Course Substitution