How to Apply
The Outstanding Graduate Award recognizes a graduating student who has shown superior leadership, academic achievement, and community service while attending SCF.
How do I apply?
To be considered for the Spring 2013 Outstanding Graduate Award, a student must submit the following by Monday, March 4, 2013:
1. Completed Spring 2013 Outstanding Graduate Award Application must include SCF Employee Nomination.
2. Provide short answers to the following questions on a separate sheet:
- Which individual accomplishment at SCF are you most proud and why?
- What advice would you share with new students to help them be successful at SCF?
- How has SCF made a difference in your life?
- What are your plans after graduating from SCF?
3. Résumé listing all relevant curricular, co-curricular, and community-service activities. For résumé assistance, visit the SCF Career Resource Center.
4. Provide three completed recommendation forms. Two of the three must come from an SCF employee with at least one of the employees being a faculty member.
5. Unofficial SCF Transcript printed from SCFConnect.
6. Complete the on-line attendance form for Graduation by Friday April 5, 2013.
The selection committee will only have the application materials to make their decision. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the committee.
When is the application deadline?
Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, Febuary 4, through Monday, March 4, 2013.
Spring 2013 Outstanding Award applications and accompanying materials are due by Monday, March 4, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Where do I submit my Outstanding Graduate Award application materials?
Submit the completed Outstanding Graduate Award application and materials to:
SCF Bradenton Chiquita Henderson, Director of Advising Services Bldg. 1, Rm. 159 5840 26th Street West Bradenton, Florida 34207 Phone: (941) 752-5619 Fax: (941) 727-6299 E-mail: email@example.com
SCF Venice Heather Shehorn, Coordinator Student Support Services Bldg. 100, Rm. 156 8000 S. Tamiami Trail Venice, Florida 34293 Phone: (941) 408-1416 Fax: (941) 480-3390 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How will the Outstanding Graduate Award finalists be selected?
After the application deadline, all applications and materials will be distributed to a selection committee. The selection committee will evaluate the applications and materials to determine who will be selected as the Spring 2013 Outstanding Graduate finalists.
When will the Outstanding Graduate Award finalists be selected?
The selection committee will choose the Spring 2013 Outstanding Graduate and finalists in March. Applicants can expect to be notified of their status by Friday, March 29, 2013.
What is expected of me if I am selected as one of the Spring 2013 Outstanding Graduate Award finalists?
The Outstanding Graduate Award recipient and finalists are expected to:
• Attend and be seated on stage at both graduation ceremonies.
• Provide a brief biography to SCF Public Affairs and Marketing to be used for a press release and inclusion in the graduation program.
• Have picture taken by Public Affairs & Marketing.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the Spring 2013 Outstanding Graduate Award?
Contact: Chiquita Henderson, Director of Advising Services, email@example.com Phone: (941) 752-5619