Personal Identification Number (PIN)
All students must have a student identification number and personal identification number (PIN) to register by Web and to access their grades and academic records online.
- Once a student successfully logs into the system, the student should enter a new PIN for security reasons. A new PIN must be created using six numbers.
- The student will be asked to enter a PIN code security question.
- Students are encouraged to select a PIN, question and answer that are easy to remember as this will allow the student to reset the PIN at a later time.
- Students should remember and protect their PIN, as it is their access to confidential student information.
If a student has logged into the system incorrectly multiple times, they will not be able to access their academic records. Students can request a PIN code reset from the Educational Records Office and must bring a current picture identification card (i.e. driver's license or current student identification card) in person to the Educational Records Office.
Requests also can be faxed to (941) 727-6380 (Bradenton) or (941) 480-3156 (Venice) or scanned and emailed to email@example.com and must include:
- the student's request for the reset
- a signature and
- an attached copy of a valid identification card.
- faxed or emailed requests require 24 hours for completion.
- PINs cannot be reset via telephone.