General Testing Information
All testers are required to present a government issued, non-expired photo ID (Driver License, passport) or SCF Student ID before testing.
Test Setting & Security
- The Assessment and Testing Center(ATC) provides a quiet area for students to take supervised tests.
- Cell phones, beepers, pagers, calculators, dictionaries or notes are not allowed to be used during placement testing.
- The ATC will keep all tests in a secure area prior to testing.
- The ATC ensures that all test instructions and requirements provided with the test are followed.
- Staff monitors testers during exams.
- The ATC staff promptly returns all completed tests to the instructor or institution.
- The ATC staff is unable to make corrections or answer questions regarding any tests.
- Students are referred to the instructor or test service provider for assistance.
Test Irregularity & Cheating Policy
- Cheating is any unauthorized activity that impairs or alters the circumstances of the examination as a measure of the knowledge or skills it was designed to access.
- The ATC staff will complete a Testing Irregularity Form and submit the information to the ATC supervisor, instructor and test service provider for handling of the incident.
- Cell phone usage, beepers, talking and misconduct are not allowed and will be reported.
Lost or Stolen Items
- The ATC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles left in lockers or in the reception area.
- Personal items (i.e., backpacks, books, cell phones, jackets) should be stored in lockers or cars.
- The ATC staff will not be responsible for personal items.
Campus Safety and Security
- SCF maintains security services 24 hours per day, 365 days a year.
- First Aid is available at the Public Safety Office
- Bradenton security is located in the Student Union, Room 120. Call 941-752-5550 for assistance
- Venice security is located in the Student Union, Room 501. Call 941-408-1550 for assistance
- Dial 7-911 for all EMERGENCIES, then call SCF security.