To apply for VA educational benefits and to use your benefits at SCF, please follow the steps below and submit all requested forms as soon as possible:
- Apply to the College
- Submit your high school transcript or GED test scores to the SCF Educational Records office
- Take the placement test, if required
- Request official transcripts of all previous college or university work completed and military service credits be sent to the SCF Educational Records office - regardless of whether or not VA educational benefits were used. NOTE: The VA will not allow certification past two semesters if the College has not received all prior credit.
- Complete form 22-1990 if you are applying for your educational benefits for the first time, or are electing to apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill Click here to apply online (preferable). Be sure to print a copy to submit to a Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Services office.
- Complete form 22-1995 (Change of Program or Place of Training) if you have collected VA educational benefits under Chapters 30, 32, 33, 1606 and 1607 at another institution or you are changing your degree program. Submit this form to a Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Services office.
- Submit your DD-2384 - Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to a Certifying Official in the Vet Center at your respective campus.
- Arrange with your unit education officer, each semester, if you are to receive EDD (100% Florida National Guard Tuition Assistance)
Veteran Center Locations:
For those attending or planning to attend the Bradenton campus, you may see a Certifying Official or a Work-Study student in the Financial Aid Services office on the Bradenton Campus in Building 1 (Korcheck Bldg), Room 137.
If you are attending or planning to attend the Venice Campus, please see a Certifying Official in the Vet Center, Building 1800, Room 101.