Student Services

Current Student Veterans

General Guidelines to Consider When Selecting Courses
  • Courses must be required for the degree you are currently pursuing.
  • ALL remedial courses must be in a classroom.  If any portion of the remedial course, to include the lab, is online the course CANNOT be certified.
  • Choose your electives wisely, as once you have reached your elective limit (specific to your degree program), as defined in the SCF catalog, VA will not pay for additional electives, even if they may be requirements for entrance into a degree program you wish to transfer into.  This also applies to Gordon Rule requirements for the AA degree. 

 Link to Main Webpage

Additional Forms for Current & New Students 
Change of Major Form Link to PDF

Veteran Change of Major Form 22-1995

If you are changing your major you must complete and submit this form to the Office of Veteran Services.  DO NOT SUBMIT THIS FORM TO VA. 

Change of Major Form Link

Spouse & Dependent Change of Major From 22-5495

If you are changing your major you must submit this form to the Office of Veteran Services. DO NOT SUBMIT THIS FORM TO VA.

NOBE From Link

N.O.B.E. Notice of Basic Eligibility Form

This form is for Reservists and National Guard, and it is to be completed by your unit educational officer. It must be returned to the Office of Veteran Services.   

EDD Form

Florida National Guard Members

Application for Educational Dollars for Duty (EDD) in the Florida National Gaurd


Last Semester Rule 

If you are completing the last semester requirements for your degree VA will allow you to invoke the "Last Semester Rule." Under this rule you can round out your schedule in order to attain full time status and receive your full VA educational benefit for the semester.  

When you invoke this rule VA (in most cases) does not impose any restrictions on the courses you can take.  Additionally, the courses do not have to apply toward your degree; you should, however,  utilize this opportunity to take any additional requirements that may be required for transfer purposes. 

This rule can only be used once per program. In order to use the Last Semester Rule you must complete the Last Semester Rule form, and it must be submitted along with your Request For Certification.  Click here to open the form



Page Eng