SCF offers eligible students opportunities to work on one of our three campuses. These positions are funded through the Federal Work Study Program. The rate of pay for these positions is $8.25 per hour. To learn more please review the Guidelines for Working on Campus.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206. Click link for more equity-related information: Equal Access/Equal Opportunity
What Are the Requirements to Work on Campus?
- Be degree-seeking at State College of Florida
- Be enrolled in the required number of hours for the semester:
- Fall and Spring = 6+ hours (each)
- Summer A, B or C = 3+ hours
- Maintain a 2.0 + Total Institutional GPA
- Complete the current year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
How Do I Receive My Federal Work Study Award?
Stop by the Career Center and provide the information to a CRC staff member in Bradenton bldg 1/room 207 or Venice bldg 100/room 170
- The Financial Aid Office will evaluate your information
- Your Federal Work Study award will appear on your Financial Aid Awards screen in SCFConnect (generally within 48 hours)
Where Can I See Available Positions?
- Log on to http://www.collegecentral.com/scf
- Your access ID is your SCF G00#
- Find Student Assistant jobs by selecting On-Campus for Job Location and Student Assistants for Job Type
How Do I Apply?
If you are interested in any of the jobs and meet the skills and hours requirements:
- Return to the Career Center to complete the Student Assistant Employment Application
- Attach proof of your Work Study award
- Attach an unofficial transcript
- Meet with the Placement Specialist
- Your application will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review
- You may receive an invitation for an interview
- Review Interview Tips
If you are hired
- You and your supervisor will discuss your schedule
- You can pick up a student employment packet in the CRC
- Complete the information in the packet and return it to your supervisor
- You will be notified of your start date
- The Career Center is also available to assist you in finding off campus employment
- Guidelines for Working on Campus
Student Assistant Orientation 101
- Prohibited Harassment Training
- Student Assistant Handbook
- Payroll Schedule Summer/Fall 2014