Student Services

Transfer Students from Intensive English Language Programs

 Work Hours    What is needed for the transfer is listed below:

1. A State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota Admissions Application along with the $75.00 application fee. [Please note: The Online Admissions Application is NOT for International Students who are on some type of visa. Please download the SCF Admissions Application by clicking on the blue underlined words, then mail the completed application to us along with the $75.00 application fee.]

2. Visa Clearance Form from State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota and completed by the previous school.

3. An official letter from one of the three approved Intensive English Language Programs is required.  In most cases intensive English Programs are acceptable from American community colleges and universities. 

4. A copy of the current I-20 and the I-94 card (both sides). Once the student arrives in the local area, the International Student Services Office needs to view the originals.

5. A copy of the picture page showing the expiration page in the student's passport, along with a copy of the current visa, I-94 card and current I-20. Once the student arrives in the local area, the International Student Services Office needs to view the originals.

6. Secondary Education: The student must prove successful completion of secondary education by submitting official transcripts (originals or certified copies) of record of courses, marks earned, and examination results. These documents must show the date of successful completion. If a completion date is not included on the transcript, then a diploma or certificate is required along with the transcript. If the student's secondary education documents are not in English, the student must have them translated by a certified translator. The translation and a certified copy of the original transcript in the student's native language must be submitted together to the College for evaluation.

7. Proof of financial support. See this information at Financial Requirements.

8. Proof of Health/Accident Insurance. Health/Accident Insurance: This site lists Health/Accident Insurance Companies as well as the required Health/Accident Insurance Form. This form must be submitted with the above required documents or submitted upon arrival in the United States. This form should be on file in the International Student Services Office after the I-20AB has been issued to the student AND BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. Failure to do so will prevent any future class registration unil the Health/Accident Insurance Form is submitted and approved.

9. Once all of the above has been submitted, reviewed and accepted by the International Student Services Office in the Educational Records office of the Student Services Building at SCF Bradenton, the student must:

  • Contact the current school to electronically transfer the current SEVIS I-20 to SCF.
  • Pick up the new I-20 from the International Student Services Office at SCF. Students must contact the international Student Services Office to make arrangements for obtaining their new I-20. 
  • If the student wishes to travel, the student must use the new I-20 from SCF to re-enter the U.S.
  • If the student decides to stay home for more than five (5) months, the student must contact the International Student Services Office at SCF with the planned date of return to SCF, so that a new I-20 may be completed for the student's re-entry into the U.S.
  • Contact the U.S. Embassy for an interview to get a new Visa, even if the visa may be still current. If the Embassy says that the student does not need a new Visa, ask the Embassy for a written statement to be used for re-entry into the U.S.  This may be done via e-mail.
  • Please note: When contacting the Embassy to renew the Visa, ask if the first SEVIS I-901 form and fee are still valid. The student should take a copy of the receipt from the first I-901 to the interview.

10. Now the student is ready to make plans for housing while enrolled at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota. SCF does not have student dormitories. Students need to locate their own housing: Our Local Housing page gives suggestions to help locate available housing.

11. Be advised that students should plan to be on campus by January 2, 2008 for Spring Semester 2008 in order to: take the placement tests, register for classes, go through Orientation, become familiar with the area, find housing, and attend the required immigration meeting.

Every F-1 student new to the College is required to attend the Immigration Meeting at the beginning of Fall or Spring Semester These meetings are now online please go to: once completed email Karen Armstrong at: and give her your name, country and mention you completed the online meeting. 

Page Eng