SCF partners with Parchment Exchange to fulfill replacement diploma requests. Order replacement diplomas via the Parchment storefront. Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and shipping. Electronic diplomas will be sent by email within 2-3 business days. SCF diplomas are unique documents for each graduate. The college does not retain copies. The replacement diploma fee is $15.00 plus a $2.40 Parchment administrative fee.Go to Parchment
Spring 2024 Commencement
Spring 2024 Commencement is Friday, May 3, 2024
Ceremony Type and Information
- SCF Bradenton Campus
- Estimated time: 1 hour
- Friday, May 3, 2024 at 4:30 or 7:00 pm. Time will be confirmed at a later date for each graduate.
- A limited number of tickets for guests.
- Keynote speakers and award presentation
- You will have your name read, walk across the stage, receive your diploma cover, and return to seat for remainder of ceremony.
- Deadline to RSVP is March 1, 2024.
- Nontraditional ceremony- This event will not include the outlined items of the traditional ceremony.
- SCF Bradenton Campus
- Estimated time: 20 minutes
- Friday, May 3, 2024 from 9:00-11:00 am.
- You will arrive during this time, walk through the venue, have your name read, walk across the stage, receive your diploma cover, have an opportunity for photos, and exit the venue.
- Guest tickets are not required for this event.
- No seating required.
- Deadline to RSVP is March 20, 2024
Please note: once you submit your RSVP, please save the confirmation PDF as documentation of your RSVP. The confirmation PDF should reflect time and date of submission, ceremony type selected, and student name. Students may be asked to provide this document to confirm the submission of their RSVP.
Additional details including your scheduled ceremony time, parking locations, ticket information, and more will be provided to graduates later in the semester.
Steps to Apply and RSVP for Graduation
Please complete the steps below for the application process.
- Application for Graduation
- Graduation Survey
- RSVP for Spring 2024 Commencement Ceremony participation
Email: Graduation@SCF.edu or call: 941.752.5060
Spring 2024 Important Dates
|Spring 2024 Event
|Last day to submit Spring 2024 Graduation Application with the option to participate in the Grad Walk or traditional graduation ceremony & have your name in the program. (An RSVP is required for your participation in the graduation ceremonies)
|Friday, March 1, 2024
|Last day to submit Spring 2024 Graduation Application with an option to participate in the Grad Walk ceremony and have your name in the program.
|Wednesday, March 20, 2024
|Final deadline for Spring 2024 Graduation Application.
|Wednesday, April 17, 2024
Graduation Ceremony Attendance Policy
Only students who successfully complete the following, by all posted deadlines, may participate in the graduation ceremony:
- Submit the online graduation application
- RSVP through your graduation application or update your RSVP through Graduation@SCF.edu
- Receive an initial approval email from the Office of the Registrar during the first review
- Purchase the correct graduation regalia from the SCF Store
Initial approval will be determined in the first round of the review process, and students will be informed that they are initially approved or are missing requirements to graduate via their SCF student email accounts. Students who are missing requirements might not be permitted to walk in the graduation ceremony.
Students who are missing requirements must register to fulfill the course requirements in the graduation semester and/or correct the issues, and email Graduation@SCF.edu to notify the Office of the Registrar that they are ready to be reviewed and considered for initial approval again.
Students graduating in the Spring semester are invited to the spring graduation ceremony. Students graduating in either the Summer semester or the Fall semester are invited to the winter graduation ceremony.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at:
(941) 752-5060; (941) 408-1300, ext. 65060; or Graduation@SCF.edu
Graduation Requirements & Approval Process
Graduation Requirements and Approval Process
The steps in the graduation approval process apply to ALL degree and certificate programs:
- Students must be approved for graduation by the Office of the Registrar after submitting the graduation application by the published hard deadline.
- An overall and a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 (C) must be achieved in the student’s total credit program. The overall grade point average includes work attempted at previously attended institutions.
- At least 25% of the hours of course credit required for degree/certificate must be completed at SCF.
- All candidates eligible for the Associate in Arts, the Associate in Science, the Bachelor of Applied Science, and the Bachelor of Science degrees are encouraged to be present at graduation.
- In accordance with Florida Department of Education Administrative Rule Number 6A-10.030, all students prior to the receipt of an Associate in Arts degree are mandated to satisfactorily complete 12 semester hours of courses that include written assignments demonstrating college-level writing skills.
- The Office of the Registrar conducts an initial review of students’ course requirements and notifies students of their application statuses through their SCF email accounts (typically no longer than eight weeks after the published priority deadline).
- Following completion of all graduation requirements, the Office of the Registrar conducts a final review and both approves and certifies each graduate.
All students must meet the requirements for the degree and/or certificate program for which they are submitting an application for graduation.
FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions
Apply after you have registered for your final semester and when the application for the term in which you are graduating is open (deadlines above). Be sure you apply for the term in which you are graduating. All summer graduates are invited to participate in the winter ceremony in December since there is no summer commencement ceremony.
*Only students who apply by the posted deadlines and will be successfully completing their degree/certificate by the end of the graduation term are guaranteed to be listed in the commencement program. Please refer to above referenced Spring 2023 Events for the appropriate deadlines to participate and have your name in the program.
Complete the online graduation application.
Dual Enrollment students must submit a paper application. This application may be obtained by emailing Graduation@scf.edu
You must complete a graduation survey by clicking: Graduation Survey.
If you are planning on participating in the commencement ceremony, please review the Graduation Ceremony Attendance Policy at the bottom of this page.
Graduates with special needs will be accommodated. Please contact the Disability Resource Center at least two weeks in advance of the ceremony at (941) 752-5295 or DRC@SCF.edu. All graduation ceremonies will have an American Sign Language interpreter in attendance. There is no pre-assigned seating for guests with disabilities. However, limited wheelchair seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces and you are planning to participate in the graduation ceremony, SCF would like to honor your service with patriotic cords to be worn as part of your official graduation regalia. Please contact Veteran Services to confirm your intent to participate in the ceremony.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) members may visit the PTK website to purchase an optional honor cord, stole, and tassel. There is no added regalia for honors.
SCF will be providing graduates with a digital diploma. To promote student success, the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) is committed to formally recognizing earned student accomplishments. Students may be automatically awarded any degrees or certificates that they qualify to receive. Students who apply and qualify to graduate in a program that is not currently listed as their program of study may automatically have that additional program added to their SCF records as an additional program. To guarantee graduation processing, students should always apply to graduation by the posted deadlines and should not rely on our systems to automatically award a degree or certificate.
If you have not already done so, please submit a Change of Major form to the Office of the Registrar to declare your new program of study.
Yes. You must successfully submit all steps of the graduation application to be considered for a degree or certificate.
No. If you plan on participating the graduation ceremony as a graduate, you must submit a graduation application and the RSVP.
SCF will be providing graduates a digital diploma beginning Fall 2022. You will receive an email 4-6 weeks after the ceremony with instructions on how to retrieve your digital diploma.
Only students who apply by the posted deadlines and will be successfully completing their degree/certificate by the end of the graduation term are guaranteed to be listed in the commencement program.
All graduates must be in the SCF approved and current regalia (cap and gown). This may be purchased at the SCF Bookstores in Venice and Bradenton approximately two weeks prior to commencement. Graduates should be in appropriate attire: dark shoes, dark dresses, dark slacks/trousers, white dress shirts, and/or neckties. Stairs may be difficult to navigate in heels. Tassels are worn on the right side of the cap. Caps may be decorated appropriately. SCF reserves the right to deny commencement participation based on inappropriate dress. The following cords are permissible: CROP, PTK, and Veterans cords. PTK cords, are optional, and must be purchased by the student. There are no cords for honors, as academic honors are listed in the program and on the diploma.
Participating graduates do not need a guest ticket for commencement, but do need to RSVP by the posted deadline. All guests, regardless of age, need a guest ticket to attend commencement. Infants and children guests sitting on the lap of an adult will also need a ticket. These tickets will be limited each semester based on graduate count. This number will be released after the graduation application deadline.
Please click on this link: Graduation Survey
If you need your transcript immediately after graduation, please order it from the Office of the Registrar, Transcript web page. You will need to mark the transcript as “Hold for Degree,” which will move you up in the final review list and your transcript will be sent quickly.