Learn more about transferring to SCF including Admissions and Financial Aid. Receive a tour of the campus and application assistance.
|Time (click time to RSVP)
Are you looking to transfer from another college to SCF? We can help. State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota is ready for any student interested in taking their education to the next level. If you are ready to become an SCF Manatee, we’ve organized all the information you need for a smooth transition included application requirements, financial aid, and credit transfer.
Why Transfer to SCF?
- A.A. transfer degree
If your goal is to earn a four-year degree at SCF, an A.A. from SCF is affordable, convenient and offers you many educational options.
- A.S. 2-year workforce degree
SCF’s Associate in Science Degree and Certificate programs provide practical training and critical thinking skills to help you succeed today and advance tomorrow.
- Bachelor’s 4-year degrees
SCF offers four-year B.S. and B.A.S. degrees to prepare you for high-demand careers in Manatee and Sarasota counties and beyond.
- Did you know SCF has consistently offered affordable tuition rates compared to other colleges and universities in Florida? Plus, we also provide access to a number of financial aid options such as grants, scholarships, work study programs and more.
- We make transferring to SCF simple. Whether you are coming from a different U.S. institution or are an international student, learn what you need to do to become a Manatee.
Ready to Transfer?
The first step in enrolling into SCF is to complete our online application.
- Complete the online application
- Transfer students should use the “general admission” application
- Create a new account (username and password) for the application.
- Log in to the application with the new username and password.
- Follow the instructions to complete your application
- Upload residency documentation for in-state tuition.
- Submit Transcripts to the Office of the Registrar
Submit all official college/university post-secondary institution transcripts. Submit your official high school transcript/GED (unless you have successfully completed a degree). The College only accepts official documents, sent directly from the issuing institution or agency. We do not accept transcripts emailed from students.
- You are Ready to Register!
Once your transcripts are evaluated our transfer specialists can help with registration for your initial semester. You will be assigned an academic advisor to assist you for subsequent semesters. Although Orientation is not required for Transfer students, we do offer an optional transfer student orientation session. If you are interested, please contact your admissions transfer specialist.
Transfer Advisement Guidelines
Students are advised to:
- Meet with an SCF Success Coaches or counselor periodically to discuss educational and career goals.
- Utilize www.flvc.org, the state of Florida’s online advising system, which includes planning outlines for each major as well as information on admission, financial aid, scholarships, and special programs.
- Check foreign-language requirement(s) of the intended transfer institution. Some institutions have special requirements regarding course selection, admission, and program entrance.
- Review a catalog (hard copy or online) of the intended transfer institution.
- Submit an application for transfer admission as early as possible. Many colleges and universities suggest applying at least one year in advance. Submit official copies of all transcripts (high school and college) along with the admissions application. Check with the transfer institution on priority admission application deadlines.
- Visit the campus of the intended transfer institution. Check into housing, food, and parking options.
- Financial aid recipients should complete loan exit counseling.
- Apply for graduation from State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota by the posted deadline by using the online graduation application. For students pursuing the Associate in Science degree, the Associate in Applied Science degree, and certificate academic programs at State College of Florida, academic advisement is provided by program managers in each department office. Program managers guide students through course selection and work in coordination with the SCF Career Resource Center in providing information and services on career exploration.
- Advisors are available to meet with students Monday through Friday throughout the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.