Florida Mature Driver Course
To register or for more information:
Bradenton / Lakewood Ranch: (941) 752-5286
Sarasota: (941) 362-4224 Venice: (941) 408-1521
The Traffic Safety Institute offers this insurance discount course designed for drivers age 55 and older to review the effects of aging on driving and how to compensate for the physical and mental changes to promote defensive driving. The State of Florida has approved this course for a three (3) year auto insurance discount.
The goal of the Mature Driver insurance discount class is to help mature drivers over the age of 55 within the state of Florida maintain their safe and defensive driving skills, obtain auto insurance discounts, understand their abilities and learn techniques to compensate for changes. Also provides defensive driving training for court-ordered seniors. Once completed individuals will be eligible for a Mandatory Insurance Discount valid for 3 years. (Florida Statute 627.0652)
- Physical effects of aging.
- Adjusting to certain driving habits.
- Backing and parking.
- Traffic Law Updates.
- Multiple-lane driving.
- Road sign recognition.
- Urban, rural, and highway driving.
- Vehicle technology.
Classroom Course Format
- Taught by a certified instructor.
- Six (6) hour course taught in either one six hour session or two three hour sessions.
- An interactive multi-media presentation with a student workbook.
- A certificate is issued at completion of the course.
Mandatory Insurance Discount valid for 3 years. (Florida Statute 627.0652)
Call or stop by any one of our SCF offices to sign up! Fee: $15.00
Bradenton: 752-5286 Sarasota: 362-4224 Venice: 408-1520
SCF Traffic Safety can bring the Mature Driver class to your location with 10 or more interested individuals. Many times local Community Associations would like to offer the residence this class onsite so the residents can stay local. This is a great class to complete as well as getting a discount on car insurance.
The live classroom session is an excellent interactive course, however If you would like to save some travel time, take the Florida Mature Driver Course online Click here to begin the Online Mature Driver Course Online Course Fee: $19.95
The 6 hour Florida Mature Driver class is also available 24 hours a day 7 days a week ONLINE, and valid in all 67 counties in the state of Florida for a 3 year discount on your insurance.
Online Class Benefits
- All course materials available online
- Multiple Choice questions
- No need to attend classes or listen to long lectures.
- Study at your leisure
- Do the course in sections so you can go on and off line as many times as you want
- Website available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- After completion of the course, we will issue a state certified certificate for you to turn into your insurance company to receive your auto insurance discount for a three year period.
Click here to begin the Online Mature Driver Course Online Course Fee: $19.95