EAP 0220 Reading II
Completion of EAP 0120 or according to scores on the
Level of English Proficiency Test (LOEP).
The goal of the course is to prepare students for EAP 0320, Level III Reading by improving critical and literal reading skills in English and to improve academic vocabulary.
By the end of the term, students should be able to:
1. Read simple texts on familiar topics with some fluency and speed.
2. Understand the meaning of new words from context
3. Distinguish between main and supporting ideas in texts which are accessible
because of familiar content and language
4. Understand new information from texts with familiar 1. Read simple texts on
familiar topics with some fluency and speed language
5. Use a variety of textual cues such as sentence connectors and pronoun
references to comprehend the meaning and structure of a text
6. Understand text that is grammatically complex or on unfamiliar topics
7. Understand common cultural references