Individuals with disabilities may have special needs in emergency situations. The best way for students with disabilities to ensure that they are safe on campus is plan ahead by taking into account their needs and limitations. Manatee Community College has a comprehensive system for emergency planning to assist individuals in the event of an emergency. We recommend that if you are in need of evacuation assistance, that you register with Disability Resource Center (DRC).
Types of Emergencies:
° Chemical Spill
° Bomb Threat
° Power Outage
1. Remain calm - do not panic
2. Do not use an elevator in a Power outage emergency. (Durring a Fire, Hurricane Earthquake or Tornado the buildings may loose power.)
3. If it is unsafe to use an elevator, proceed to the designated Areas of Safe Refuge*
4. Report all campus emergencies to Campus Security by dialing for the Bradenton Campus (941) 752-5550 or Venice Campus (941) 408-1550. If you able to call Campus Security, do so, and let them know where you are located and that you are in need of assistance to be evacuated.
5. If an area is filled with smoke, drop to the floor if you are able to do so.
* area for save refuge are diffent for every building