The DRC maintains an inventory of minor equipment for on-campus loan. Qualified students with disabilities may be eligible to check out adaptive equipment from the DRC. Disabled individuals must be registered with the Disability Resource Center in order to verify eligibility.
The first priority for equipment loan is given to students who require the equipment to ensure they have equal access in classroom, lecture halls, laboratories, and other college programs and activities. Then equipment is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. The following is a partial list of available equipment:
° Amplification System
° Tape Recorders
° Franklin Spellers
° Reading Pens
Students checking out equipment are responsible for battery replacement in battery-operated equipment and the care and security of the equipment during the term of the loan (semester to semester). Lost, stolen, or damaged equipment must be reported to the DRC immediately.
Prior to receiving equipment, students must first fill out and sign an Equipment Loan Form. The length of checkout varies according to the type of adaptive equipment, student need, and equipment demand. The Equipment Loan Form specifies a return date. Failure to meet the deadline may result in a hold being placed on your account at SCF.
1. Must be registered with DRC with appropriate documentation of disability on file.
2. Request use of adaptive equipment by filling out Equipment Loan Form.
3. Sign Equipment Loan Form
4. Follow instructions for proper care of equipment.
5. Return all equipment and/or accessories to the DRC by the due date.
6. If the equipment is lost, damaged, or stolen report the incident to the DRC office immediately.