Search for Degrees, Programs, and Courses from Florida’s Colleges and Universities

Florida Shines Logo

FloridaShines is a free online advising website to help students plan and track their education progress from middle school through college. Florida Shines is a service of the State University System of Florida and the Florida College System.

FloridaShines establishes a secure connection to public colleges and universities in Florida to provide the most current information regarding your student records. Go to FloridaShines and select the area that you want to access. If the information you request is secure, you will be asked to login using your SCF student ID and password. The same secure information is also available on MySCF.

On FloridaShines you can:

  • Access college transcripts and grades
  • Track your progress towards college graduation
  • Have your A.A. transcript evaluated for transfer
  • Evaluate high school progress
  • See high school course summary and grades
  • Complete interest inventories and other career assessments
  • Research careers, including the education level required
  • Search for colleges and programs
  • Apply online for admission to Florida institutions
  • Find and apply for financial aid
  • Use the transient form to make it easier take courses at other institutions
  • Access advising manuals, including the Common Prerequisite Manual, Statewide Articulation Manual, and the ICUF Articulation Manual.

Transient Student (SCF student taking classes at another institution)

If you’re a current SCF student who wants to take courses at another institution, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be in good standing with a minimum Overall GPA of a 2.0 or higher.
  • Be a degree-seeking student
  • Have completed at least 15 college credits at SCF.  If this is your first semester, you must wait until grades are posted and you have a GPA, before you apply to be a transient. Bachelor degree seeking students must have completed at least 15 college credits (3000 – 4000 level courses) at SCF.
  • Cannot be a transient during your first term at SCF. You have to have an academic record with SCF to qualify for transient status.
  • Have completed all required developmental education courses.
  • Have met the SCF pre-requisite(s) for the requested course(s).
  • Requested course(s) that are required for the degree.
  • Have no applicable holds, e.g. accounts receivable, outstanding transcript(s)

You will be approved to take only those courses that you would be eligible to take at SCF. For example, if you have not completed prep algebra, you would not be approved to take MAC 1105 at SCF or another institution. Courses must be applicable to the degree you are seeking at SCF.

Upon completion of the course(s), it is your responsibility to have an official transcript sent from the transient institution to SCF Office of the Registrar.