What are the sections on the TEAS, what skills will be assessed and how much time
is allowed on each section of the TEAS?
The test is taken on a computer. The questions are generally multiple choice style with four options. Each test section consists of several pages with roughly five questions per page. When you have answered the questions, select the “Next” button in the lower part of the screen to move to additional questions. You can review previous pages, but once you move to a new subject (example-from reading to math), you cannot return.
|Reading||64 minutes - 53 items (47 graded items)|
|Mathematics||54 minutes - 36 items (32 graded items)|
|English||28 minutes - 28 items (24 graded items)|
|Science||63 minutes - 53 items (47 graded items)|
|Total Time||209 minutes (3.48 hours)|
- The Math section consists of two categories: Number and Algebra (23 questions) and Measurement and Data (9 questions).
- The Reading section consists of three categories: Key ideas and details (22 questions); Craft and structure (14 questions) and Integration of knowledge and ideas (11 questions).
- The English and Language Usage section consists of three categories: Conventions of standard English (9 questions); Knowledge of language (9 questions) and Vocabulary acquisition (6 questions).
- The Science section consists of three categories: Human anatomy and physiology (32 questions); Life and physical sciences (8 questions); Scientific reasoning (7 questions).
- Concentrate first on learning the content material for each section in the TEAS VI Study Manual. Then do the practice questions.
- The TEAS exam is about 'application of knowledge'. Your current college grade point does not determine your success on the TEAS. Nursing requires familiarity and application of knowledge you were introduced to in middle and high school. Review and mastery of this information and accompanying skills is needed.
- The TEAS exam is required to apply to the Nursing Program.
- Each test is different. Your screen will be different from others.
- The questions are multiple choice with four options.
- Calculators can be used and will provided to you by the Testing Center.
- There is no penalty for guessing. Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect.
- Pace yourself.
- Taking less time in one section does not give you more time in another.
- You must pass all four sections of the TEAS during the same exam time.
- A copy of your results will be given to you at the end of the test.
- Passing scores on the TEAS VI exam are good for three (3) years.
- We will accept the TEAS V until 8/30/2017 as long as scores/dates meet our program's requirements.