How can I prepare for the TEAS VI
- We recommend that you use the certified study materials offered by ATI, the company
that writes, edits and administers the TEAS VI. The company markets three items, a
study manual, online practice assessments and the online prep course.
- The study manual can be purchased at the SCF bookstore or purchased through the company
directly at www.atitesting.com The study manual contains detailed information about the exam, as well as, a large
number of practice questions. It is an excellent preparation resource for the TEAS.
- The online practice assessments and the ATI TEAS SmartPrep can only be purchased directly
through the company at www.atitesting.com
- A package deal (best deal moneywise) that contains both the TEAS VI Study Manual and the online practice assessments can
only be purchased directly through the company website at www.atitesting.com . The cost for both items is substantially less than purchasing the items separately. If you purchase the online assessment components and the study manual, you will practice
on exams modeled after the TEAS. If you choose to purchase the practice tests, we
recommend that you take the first test as soon as you receive your materials, to give
you a baseline to study from. Don't study before you take the first test, and see
what you are able to remember from your classes. Any subjects with scores below 80%
should be studied in the manual. About a month before taking the actual TEAS exam,
take your second practice assessment. You should see the scores go up in comparison
to your first test. Then, in the remaining time you have, continue to study starting
with your lowest score until you feel you have mastered the contents.
- Additional free online resources can be found at http://www.mometrix.com/academy/teas-test/ and http://allnurses.com/teas-exam-help/how-i-passed-804222.html
- Whether practicing questions from the TEAS VI Study Manual or the online practice
assessments, be sure to pace yourself at a rate similar to what the actual exam expects.
Most mobile phones have a timer available. Use the timer to get an idea of how much
time you have available for each question. See the section and time chart in the INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEAS section. Average time allowed per question ranges from one minute to one and a half
minutes per question.
- Concentrate first on learning the content material for each portion in the TEAS VI
Study Manual. Then do the practice questions. The TEAS is about 'application of knowledge'.
- You current college grade point does not determine your success on the TEAS. Nursing
requires familiarity and application of knowledge you were introduced to in middle
and high school. Review and mastery of this information and accompanying skills is
needed before you take the TEAS and enter nursing school.
- Go to www.atitesting.com/onlinestore for more information.
- For a list of frequently asked questions regarding the TEAS, please go to www.atitesting.com/global/students/teas-faq.aspc
- Visit ATI's website for more information: https://atitesting.com/Solutions/PreNursingSchool/TEAS.aspx
- For TEAS Prep courses offered through SCF Corporate and Community Development, please
follow this link: http://scf.edu/CorporateCommunityDevelopment/ProfessionalDevelopment/healthcare.asp