Workers’ Compensation

Workers' Compensation provides payment for medical expenses for employees who incur an injury on the job and must see an authorized physician or go to a medical facility. It also pays a percentage of wages to an employee who has been placed off work by an authorized physician due to a workplace injury.

For a life threatening situation, please call 911 and have someone contact Public Safety.

Step-by-Step Procedure

  1. Report your injury to your supervisor
  2. Contact Public Safety (Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch: 752-5550, Venice: 408-1550).
    The officer on duty will complete a College Incident Report form and will forward this information to Human Resources.

    Do NOT go to your personal physician. This will negate the Workers’ Compensation coverage.

    Process for seeking medical treatment: 
    If seeking medical treatment, contact Human Resources to obtain a medical referral form and information for the approved Workers' Compensation medical facility. Human Resources reports the injury to our Workers’ Compensation carrier.

  3. The employee returns all paperwork to Human Resources following medical treatment. Human Resources will make copies for the employee.
  4. The employee should advise their supervisor of the outcome of their treatment.

Contact Information for Assistance with Workers’ Compensation

Public Safety: Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch – 941-752-5550, Venice – 941-408-1550
Human Resources: 941-752-5375
Workers’ Compensation Adjuster: Johns Eastern – 1-800-749-3044 

Approved Workers’ Compensation Treatment Facilities


Concentra Urgent Care
1105 53rd Ave E, Building A
Bradenton, FL 34203
Telephone: 941-755-2562


Concentra Urgent Care
600 N Cattlemen Road
Suite 120
Sarasota, FL 34232
Telephone: 941-365-5577

Fruitville Walk-in Urgent Care
3420 Fruitville Rd
Sarasota FL 34237
Telephone: 941-954-8686

Sarasota Memorial University Parkway Urgent Care
5360 University Parkway
Sarasota FL 34243
Telephone: 941-917-1234


Sarasota Memorial Venice Urgent Care
997 US Highway 41 N. Bypass
Venice, FL 34285
Telephone: 941-952-4250

Leave Forms

Employees will need to complete a leave form for all time missed due to Workers' Compensation injury. Employees will receive their regular pay from the College for the first 7 days off work due to Injury in the Line of Duty (ILD). If an employee will be out of work for more than 7 work days, Workers' Compensation will pay the employee 66 2/3 of their pay. Sick leave may not be used to supplement the other 33 1/3 percent of pay.

Page Edit